About The WarrantyDownload Full Document Now
COERCO PTY LTD ACN 145 356 565 trading as COERCO warrants that, subject to the terms of this warranty, it will either, at its sole discretion, replace or repair any product affected by a defect or fault caused by poor workmanship for a period, from the date of purchase, limited to:
1. Twenty (20) years each for all Premium and Flat Walled water tanks and Steel Liner Tanks.
2. Ten (10) years each for all Mini Rib and Slimline water tanks, Aquaculture Products and Pool Tubs.
3. Five (5) years each for, Underground water tanks, Tank accessories, Tank stands, animal products, Handling Equipment products, Liquid Fertiliser, Storage products, Liquid Transport & Spray Equipment products, Firefighter Units & Trailer products, Diesel Trailed, Transport Equipment products, AdBlue Storage & Transport Equipment products, Septic Tanks & Leach Drain products, Industrial Tanks.
4. One (1) year each for, Pedestrian Barriers, Under Cabin Tanks, Portable Pressure Tank Systems, Hose Floats, Pontoons & Floating Walkways, Pump Pits, Lift Stations, Liners.
Terms and Conditions
The above terms are applicable to products only manufactured by Coerco Pty Ltd. Any product and accessory not sold by Coerco Pty Ltd is subject to the applicable product manufacturer’s warranty.
A purchaser of a water tank or product (in this warranty referred to as “you”) will only be entitled to make a claim under this warranty if the defect or fault first appears, and Coerco is informed of the claim, within the duration of that warranty period and in accordance with the correct procedure and terms discussed below:
To make a warranty claim under this warranty, you must:
1. Notify Coerco in writing at the address shown at the end of this warranty (noting that updates to that address may have been notified via the Coerco website) within fourteen (14) days of the existence of any defect or fault becoming apparent and provide Coerco with the opportunity to inspect the defective or faulty water tank within twenty-eight (28) days (or sooner if reasonably requested by Coerco) of such notification.
2. Send the original invoice evidencing the purchase of your water tank to Coerco at the address shown at the end of this warranty.
3. You must bear all expenses of making a claim, whether valid or otherwise, under this warranty.
Limitation of Warranty
This warranty has no application in any of the following circumstances:
1. The defect or fault is caused by you or any person (other than Coerco by using your water tank other than for its manufactured purpose.
2. Your water tank is damaged during relocation, including, but not limited to, installation and/or transportation.
3. Your water tank is not installed or maintained in accordance with Coerco’s installation procedures.
4. The defect or fault is caused by an act of God, an act of war, storm, hail, tree roots (where the tank is installed too close to existing or subsequently planted trees), wind (were not securely anchored or weighted down by water immediately on delivery as per Coerco’s installation procedures or other natural event or force of nature.
5. The defect or fault is caused by reasonable weathering/degradation over time.
6. The defect or fault is caused by negligence (other than by Coerco, abuse, wilful damage or other deliberate act.
7. The defect or fault is caused by someone walking on or applying any load to the top of the water tank.
8. The serial number or identification marked on your water tank or product is removed, defaced or altered.
9. The defect or fault is the result of inadequate or incorrect site preparation.
10. If your water tank is made out of polyethylene and it does not have a minimum of 300mm of flexible hose.
11. Pipe work which is connected to your water tank is not adequately supported so as to not to put undue pressure or strain on fittings.
12. The overflow capacity of your water tank is less than the inflow, causing excessive hydraulic pressure.
13. Your water tank is transported with liquids in it; (excluding Liquid Cartage Tanks).
14. If your water tank is an Underground tank and it is:
a. subjected to excessive trafficable loads.
b. not properly maintained by you.
c. subjected to unauthorised modifications.
15. Regardless of the type of water tank: Your water tank is not installed using the Coerco’s installation procedures. Your water tank is placed on an unsound base or the base erodes and/or is not maintained by you or is subjected to unauthorised modifications.
16. The defect or fault is the result of after sale modifications, repairs or the installation of fittings which are not suitable for the water tank or weaken its integral properties.
17. The defect or fault is caused by the storage of water at temperatures in excess of 40º Celsius.
This warranty is provided to the original purchaser only and is not transferable.
Limitations on Claims
Coerco’ maximum liability for a claim made under this warranty is limited to the amount calculated by multiplying the original purchase price of your water tank by the number of years of the warranty period (including any part thereof) remaining as at the date of your claim and dividing by the duration of warranty period.
Maximum Liability = A × B/C
A = Original purchase price of your water tank.
B = Number of years of the warranty period remaining; and
C = Total warranty period for your water tank.
You will be liable to pay any exceeding cost of the repair or replacement of your water tank over and above your limit of claim.
1. This warranty does not apply to the colour or appearance of the tank, which may alter.
2. Coerco is not responsible for any loss or damage to your water tank which occurs in the course of shipping.
3. Coerco is not responsible for any freight or delivery charges to or from Coerco premises relating to the repair or replacement of your water tank as a result of a claim being made under this warranty, which cost shall be borne by you.
4. Any payment under this warranty is limited to the cost of repairing or replacing the tank (at Coerco’ sole discretion) and does not extend to any indirect or consequential loss, claim, expense or damage resulting from or caused by any defect or fault in your water tank, including, but not limited to, the cost of liquid
replacement, the cost of cartage of liquid, loss sustained through the escape of liquid, loss of income, profits or goodwill or loss sustained by third parties.
1. In addition to this warranty, certain legislation, including the Australian Consumer Law, may give you rights and remedies which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. This warranty must be read subject to that legislation and nothing in this warranty has the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying those rights.
2.Apart from this warranty and any implied rights and remedies arising under legislation that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified, all guarantees, warranties or other implied terms (including terms implied by custom or usage) are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
Our postal address and contact information as on the date this warranty was prepared is as follows:
Coerco Pty Ltd
9 Huggett Drive,
PO Box 319
Contact – The General Manager
Phone – (08) 9661 0610
Fax – (08) 9661 1515
(Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.)